About Global Cabling
Global Cabling (Global) commenced operations in 1982 and was incorporated as a privately owned company in 1994. The company is local to Western Australia and has always enjoyed a great deal of support from a strong base of loyal clients.
Major rural projects have been completed in Broome, Kununurra, Port Hedland, Albany, Kalgoorlie and Esperance, with many smaller jobs throughout the entire state.
The company has been recognised and is respected by major suppliers in the Eastern States and as such enjoys a number of strong synergistic relationships. This provides Global with a substantial network as it takes on the responsibility of providing a full turnkey solution for the WA portion of many major national installation projects.
Global Cabling is a Priority Access Contractor (Reg No. 02400) in the business of supplying, installing and enhancing a wide range of industrial and commercial installations. All Global staff, Tradesmen and contractors are required to hold fully compliant licenses and are qualified as certified installers. Currently, the most called on range of services include;
- Data Installation Cat 5e
- Communications power generation
- Data Installation Cat 6
- Turnkey commercial office fitouts
- Data Installation Cat 6A
- Turnkey Communications rooms installations
- Optical Fibre installation
- Fibre and copper performance testing
- Copper Backbone Installation
- Fibre Optic Backbone Installation
- Hospital criticality projects
- Warehouse lighting design & installations
- Communication Cabinet Installation
- UPS Installation
- Electrical Installation
- Lighting design & Installations
Global has developed an exceptional reputation in these areas based primarily on the level of training, experience and professionalism of its Tradesmen. This coupled with the backing of a strong system driven Administration Team is undoubtedly what keeps Global a successful WA company.
Global is fortunate enough to have an exceptional team on hand. The technical competence, loyalty and integrity of the team members work to greatly enhance the services provided by Global. It is the ‘culture’ of Global which continues to shine through as being a major factor many customers report as their main reason for return business. Each staff member has – by nature – a problem solving personality thus a great understanding of customers’ needs together with the expertise to “get the job done”.
Training, technical knowledge and up to date plant and equipment enables Global to deliver a fully commissioned project including all As Constructed drawings and manuals on time and to the highest standard.
Major projects and works completed include;
- Specialised hospital and surgical installations at; Genesis Clinics, Fiona Stanley Hospital, Busselton Hospital, Royal Perth Hospital, King Edward Memorial Hospital, Sir Charles Gardner Hospital, Princess Margaret Children’s Hospital, St John of God Hospital, Joondalup Health Campus, Perth Radiological Clinics and other various Medical/Dental centres within WA.
- Specialised data installations for; Centrelink, BHP, Australian Department of Defence, The Royal Australian Navy and Shell.
- Nominated Data Installations for major institutions namely, Commonwealth Bank, ANZ Bank, NAB Bank, UWA, Royal Perth Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital and Retail Company controlling stores such as The Good Guys, Spotlight & Anaconda.
- Commercial Fit out work for; ANZ, CBA, NAB and Westpac including a large amount of these banks being located in rural locations throughout WA.
- Industrial construction and maintenance for Bucyrus.
- Mine site Projects including BC iron, Rio Tinto and BHP.
Key Personnel Overview
Below is an overview of some of Global Cabling key personnel;
Cory Saxon (Project Manager)
Cory has been with Global Cabling since he was an apprentice. He plays an integral role in managing Global’s works. After several years of being a senior tradesmen carrying out the works in WA hospitals and ANZ banks, Cory now coordinates and manages works in Royal Perth Hospital, Bentley Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, St John of God, Joondalup Health Campus, Perth Radiological Clinics and other medical centers throughout Perth. Whilst Global carries out Risk Assessments and certain procedures for all works, Cory has a solid understanding of the strict procedures that must be followed in a health environment which ensures smooth progression throughout the work stages.
Further to this Cory has also managed many of our Bank projects including renovations. His thorough organizational skills have ensured the projects run smoothly and to schedule.
Anthony Caranna (Estimating)
Anthony brings a broad range of skills with him after being in technical design roles for both electrical distribution and mining projects. With his Advanced Diploma in electrical design and previous technical experience, he’s able to produce accurate quotations for projects with all levels of difficulty to suit client requirements.
Matt Salmond (Senior Tradesmen/Supervisor)
Matt has been with Global Cabling since he was an apprentice. In that time he has worked extensively in Royal Perth Hospital, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital and Princess Margaret Hospital. Matt has recently completed The Joondalup Health Campus Medical Imaging Department upgrade for Global Cabling.
Jason Lester (Senior Tradesman)
Jason is one of Global Cabling senior tradesmen. He runs the day-to-day jobbing works at Royal Perth Hospital and is currently the senior tradesmen for RPH Ambulatory Day Care Ward Upgrade.
Global Cabling is proud to be partnered with major Data Manufacturers and their Certification Programs. These include ADC Krone, Panduit, Clipsal, Molex, Siemon and Systimax.
Additional to the certification requirements of our partners, Global’s internal management system complies with Quality Management Systems Standard ISO 9001:2008 and is certified with SAI Global.
As part of this system, we require all installations or modified works to have a fully certified test performed, which will be provided at the clients request. This provides our clients and Global with a ‘piece of mind’ guarantee.